Vike Link November 2015
From the Office of the Principal,
On Tuesday, November 10, STL will hold its fifth Veteran’s breakfast. STL wants to acknowledge these fine men and women for what they have done for our country. Students have been asked to invite veterans to the breakfast. If you need an invitation form, contact me in the office.
I want to thank the parent for attending the meeting on “Respect” during parent conferences. Please make sure you speak to you son’s about the following:
- Pay attention to his teacher
- Don’t talk while the teacher is talking
- Do his homework
- Don’t be late for class or school
- Don’t sleep in class
- Don’t argue or back talk to his teacher
- Do what is asked or assigned to him.
- Help out when needed or asked to help
- Work hard to be successful
- When a classmate is doing something inappropriate have the courage to stand up or inform others.
Students who are a disruption in class will be suspended and/ or expelled from STL.
Please be vigilant of social networks your son’s may have. No parent or student should have an STL faculty or staff member as a friend on any of their social networks. If you or your son needs to get in touch with a teacher or staff member, please use the school e-mail addresses. In recent months, teachers have been fired and students have been expelled throughout the country for misuse of social networks.
Congratulations to Mr. James Muting, Mr. Patrick Cook and the Wood family. who will receive Laurence Awards at an all school assembly on Wednesday, November 11 at 9:00 AM. All parents are invited to attend. These awards are given each year to individuals who go above and beyond for STL.
If you have changed a phone number, address or e-mail, please notify the school office with the changes. It is very important that in cases of emergency that we are able to notify parents quickly. If we have wrong addresses or disconnected phone numbers, we are unable to contact you.
I send a SchoolReach out almost every week. If you are not getting need information, I need to know.
Get involved!! Have you attended a Mothers’ Club, Fathers’ Club or Laurenta Club meeting or event? In November, Open House is Sunday, November 1; the Viking Pride Dinner is Friday, November 6, the Mothers’ Club Trivia Night on Saturday, November 21. This is a great opportunity for family and friends to get together.
As the second quarter begins, is your son involved in a school activity? Get involved!!! The year goes by quickly. We are all ready into November.
As we enter the season of giving and thanks, I have much to be thankful as principal of STL:
- I am thankful for a dedicated and professional teaching staff for the high quality education they provide each day for all STL students.
- I am thankful for having the chance to work with parents and students who are cooperative and make the extra effort to make STL such a wonderful place.
- I am thankful to have the opportunity to work at STL knowing that our mission is lived each day in a caring and faith filled community.
- What are you thankful?
Loving God, you are the source of all things good in our lives. As we begin the month of November, help us to reflect on all your blessings and be thankful for them. We ask you to guide our hearts and minds. Help our nation in the spirit of truth, justice, and compassion. Remember, all those who have served in our country’s military. Bless those who have made special sacrifices for our country. We pray in the name of Jesus, the Lord. Amen.
Mr. James C. Muting, Jr.